Friday, January 7, 2011

New Play New Way

Well, I have just completed my first draft of my most current play, and I have to say, it was quite an experience. I felt like I was jumping off a bridge. Twenty hours in two days. (After six months of development). I developed it with a different technique, basically you could call it an 'organic' technique. As I wrote the draft, one of the great things was that I knew the characters were moving seamlessly from one moment to the next, so I was extremely happy about that. I do feel, however, that you need to have some form to a script--otherwise you will have no rising action and the audience will not be on the edge of their seats. But I also felt that some subjects you treat will not lend themselves to a clean 'crisis-resolve' ending. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I'm not interested in writing something that goes nowhere unless that is a theme in the play. After all, none of us really knows if we're going anywhere, it's just what we choose to think. Thoughts? Twitter

No comments: